Tuesday 30 October 2012

My Top Five Nail Polishes

Apologies for the extremely poor camera quality but unfortunately my camera ran out of battery and I had no better alternative than to use my phone :( Anyway, thought I'd share with you my favourite and most used top five nail polishes. I don't have the best nails so I don't do any of them fancy pants patterns like some people. But these five are simple and great for just day-to-day.

Left to right -
1. NYC Colour Minute Quick Dry Nail Polish (Prospect Park Pink) £1.99 approx.
2.  Models Own (Tropical Storm) £5.00
3. Models Own (Bloo Bloo) £5.00
4. Models Own (Scarlet Sparkle) £5.00
5. No.7 Stay Perfect Nail Colour (Salsa) £5.50
Out of these five my favourite is Number One; NYC Colour Minute Quick Dry Nail Polish (Prospect Park Pink). The colour is really subtle and really pretty. I like the application of it and how easily it goes on. I have had this one for about a year now and use it all the time. It hasn't gone gloopy or 'off' like some nail polishes do. It seems to last me really long as I still have quite a lot left. Also, I really like the brush on it as it is nice and long. At around £1.99 this is the cheapest of the lot... and the best! 

I bought Number Two and Number Three, for my prom a few months ago, to go with my dress. I really like the bottles they come in, they are so simplistic and chic. However  they don't seem to last very long and inspite of all the hype I don't personally think they are THAT great. After a while I have found they don't apply as well as at first. Just average. I do think though that the colours 'Bloo Bloo' and 'Tropical Sun' are lovely. 'Tropical Sun' has nice golden shimmer to it. Perfect to girly up any outfit. 

Number four is a gorgeous Christmassy Colour. However, without any coloured base coat the glittery texture seems a bit plain. So... panic not, I just use Number Five as a base coat and that really compliments the glitter to give a real traffic light glittery red colour!

Thanks for reading <3

8 comments:

  1. I love N.4! Gorgeous colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have it in other colours too, it's lovely x

      Delete
  2. Number 1 looks beautiful, i love models own but i've never tried their nail polishes. Are they good?

    http://helenawiltz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Models Own are really good quality, but brands like Rimmel are just as good in my opinion, and cheaper xx

      Delete
  3. Loving number 4 may have to purchase for the festive season :)

    apreciarvintage.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I 'nominated' your blog for the Leibster blog award! Check out my post for more information x
    http://britishbeautygeek.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/leibster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow that tropical storm models own nail varnish looks amazing! xx

    http://awkward-queen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. The 4th one is gorgeous, amazing for Christmas!xx

    ReplyDelete

I'll try my best to reply back to everyone! Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear what you think. xx