Friday 2 January 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Happy New Year, people!


As I am writing this, it is the 1st January 2015. Wow.

I didn't do anything on New Year's Eve, I just stayed in and relaxed with my mum - and also did a touch of revision haha.

I never normally make resolutions but this year I noticed a few things I would definitely like to work on. As I am at university, I wanted to buy a diary so I could organise my life and time better and make sure I get round to doing all of the things I would like to do. I am not going to call these resolutions, because I see resolutions as something that lasts a couple of weeks and then people normally give up, These are the lifestyle changes I WILL make.

Ok, here we go. My 2015 Aims:

  1. Spend Less Time on Social Media/Interent - Now, I have no problem spending time on the internet shopping or blogging or doing something productive. But what is really getting to me is how much time I spend aimlessly scrolling through Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr. They are ok in moderation but I really don't want to be one of those people who is dependent on social media and getting likes and retweets, It really isn't what is important in life. So, I will spend less time killing time on these sites. Obviously, I will still go on them, and yes, on a daily basis, but I won't need to be constantly checking and updating. I don't want to look back and think "wow, I spent so much time on my phone when I could have been doing something interesting, or learning, or blogging" 
  2. Blog More - I am so passionate about fashion and beauty and writing a blog is something I have be continuously attempting to do for the past few years. Right now, I feel like I am ready to be a more dedicated blogger and I am going to put a lot more time into blogging - because I do really enjoy it. 
  3. Saying YES to more invitations/ events - I feel like I am quite an anti social person and I love being by myself. But then again, whenever I get asked to go somewhere, I try to find a reason not to go or I will dread going the night before. I am not sure why because these things can be as simple as going out shopping with friends or going for a meal. I think I just need to be a little bit more laid-back and take advantage of all opportunities I am offered - big or small.
  4. Exercise and a Balanced Diet - I eat really terribly!!! Chicken Dippers and chips are a regular at dinner times - and it doesn't help that I am a student often cooking for myself. BUT, I will replace chips with mash and replace chicken dippers with some frozen veg. Because, little things like changing your diet can affect your mood. I will also start to run more, Like blogging, running is something that I go in and out of phases doing, I enjoy it but I always put it off, whether for safety reasons or weather reasons. But getting that fresh air and exercise, like eating right, can change your life in such a lovely way.
Anyway, they are my lifestlye changes that I hope to make now we are in 2015.
What are yours?
Katie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll try my best to reply back to everyone! Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear what you think. xx