Tuesday 18 December 2012

Day at the Manchester Galleriesssss

The other day, with college, I went on a trip around Manchester to visit Manchester Art Gallery, Whitworth Art Gallery and the Platt Hall Gallery of costume.

I want to start with Platt Hall. This was basically a fashion museum and I loved loved loved it! It was so interesting seeing how fashion has changed AND also gone back on itself. For example, the magazine print clutch bag was around in the '40s and returned last year at Asos. Also, in the hat exhibition there were many very similar to what I have seen Gaga wearing lately!

I can't say I found Whitworth Gallery too impressive. It was a tad boring, but with the odd exception or two. It had great pieces of art surrounding several murders and even Chernobyl.

thinking I'm a Queen 

Skeleton art <3 

Rob Ryan you are amazing! 
Manchester Art Gallery never fails to impress me with its mix of modern, contemporary and old-fashioned. It's such a good all-rounder!

Thanks for reading <3

2 comments:

I'll try my best to reply back to everyone! Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear what you think. xx