Friday 7 June 2013

York

So, yesterday I made the most of sunny England and took a trip to York on the train. This was also my first ever time on a train. I was stood there on the platform finding it difficult to contain my excitement wondering why everyone else looked half asleep while downing coffees, haha. 

York is such a lovely place to visit and from Manchester takes just over an hour on the train. It's full of little trinket and souvenir shops, historic places, lovely buildings, like the York Minster, museums and restaurants.

We started off the day by fulfilling my inner-nerd's desire for museums. We headed to the railway museum and had a look at all the old trains. In the Great Hall there was a Japanese Bullet Train that we went and sat inside which was cool. The museum is one place in York that is free to see so it is well worth a visit even if you don't end up enjoying it that much.

After about an hour or so, we moved on. We ventured around the narrow streets and had a nosey in a few shops. Many of which were just chain stores, like Zara and H&M, to my disappointment. Any way, we ended up finding a few cute little shops that sold unique and lovely jewelry. Also, we had a nosey at The Shambles which is like a street you would see in a film. So adorable!

We got a little peckish and had a ponder on lunch. We had a peek at several menus for a lot of little pubs but I was craving a curry so didn't settle until I found one. Shortly after, we stumbled upon Yatess, which I know I can get at home but oh well, I hadn't been before anyway. Turns out, on a Thursday, Yatess has all food half price. Therefore, we got two meals and two drinks for about a tenner. What a bargain, eh.

Here is a few photos: 













Thanks for reading!
Katie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll try my best to reply back to everyone! Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear what you think. xx